Sunday, October 23, 2005

What it was like to be there on the first day

I have a lot of respect for the folks that I worked with, especially those people who were there from the outset. I had arrived onto a scene where people had already had the opportunity to search every building and vehicle which was humanly possible to search, as the spray paint on everything had indicated. But here's some pics given to me by the folks who were there from the outset. Those water lines on every building: this is what it was like to be there when that line was created.

Thanks to whoever took these pictures. It's absolutely amazing. As with every picture that is not mine, I try to give credit a best I can, and so if you know who took a certain picture let me know so I can give proper credit (see top of page for contact info). Likewise, if you took the picture and you want me to take it down, let me know.

These photos, I believe, came from August 31 (UPDATE: August 30 also/mostly), as evidenced by the date stamp in the corner. Here's what it looked like when the floodwater filled the bowl:




Stop signs are pretty high up, and you can see the tip of one in the center of this picture:

I saw a lot of boats randomly strewn about the city while I drove through it. Here's how a lot of them got there. It's amazing that they had to turn the on/off ramps into loading docks:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home