Monday, September 26, 2005

Louisana it is

So we finally figured out where we're going. Tomorrow morning we're heading out to Baton Rouge, LA. Although we've been told that our job will probably change once we get there, I was told that I'm part of the Hazardous Debris Task Force. No idea what that involves yet, but I'm sure I'll let you know as time progresses.

We have to be at the operations center at 4pm, and some roads between here and Baton Rouge are impassable, so we're giving ourselves plenty of time to get there. Luckily, since we're in Dallas, we'll be north of a lot of the damaged areas until we get closer to Baton Rouge. Hopefully we'll get there with little trouble. But what this means is that I'll have some exciting pictures to share, as well as actual good stories of helping the Gulf Coast recover from what happened.

I'll post when I can. I know that we're going to be sleeping in a hallway of the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality building in Baton Rouge. I know that there's a lot of devastation in southern Louisiana. Other than that, I don't know much else right now. It's exciting in a way, because even though I don't know exactly what will transpire in the coming days, I know that it will all be for a good cause. And I'll be surrounded by good people. That's all I need to know right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I'm glad they've shipped you somewhere! I'm jealous that you get to be in on this relief effort, but am also very proud that you are there!

Keep it comin' Ants
Love,
Katie

9/27/2005 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home