Sunday, September 25, 2005

The call; the trip South


Sunset while refueling somewhere in the middle of Missouri

So, I'm in Dallas, Texas. The Agency sent out a call for volunteers to go on a 2 or 3 week stint for hurricane relief before Katrina hit, and I asked my boss, got the o.k., and told our emergency response coordinator that I could go if needed. I got the call to head to Dallas on Friday at about 2 in the afternoon. After work I went to the Sox game, went to the Second City, passed out, and got in a Suburban at 12:30 the next day with a couple other EPA folks: an underground storage tank inspector named Sandy, and a guy from Superfund (hazardous area cleanup) named Jim. Both are cool, given that we have been getting along and laughing from the get-go, and we still laughed our way into Texas. So that's good. We don't know what we're supposed to do yet, but we'll find out tomorrow morning a 8am at EPA's Region 6 building downtown. I'll post more after dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home